This blog has become a bit more about clearing my head than challenging anyone or really journaling. I’m not sure that I completely like that, but I’m finding that with Twitter and a lack of time, I am not feeling the need to get as much off of my chest.
Another problem is that I’m having a hard time getting a target to write to for this blog. Without a target, we aim all over the place, unsure if we’re actually accomplishing anything. That’s how I’ve been feeling.
I’ve thought about directing this blog in a few directions. Maybe men, maybe parents, maybe leadership, maybe social justice, or maybe just at church leaders. But, it’s not clear right now.
So, until I get a good target to shoot at, I’m going to keep up with some mind dump stuff. Here goes:
– I think that I pinched my sciatic nerve. It hurts. I biked 28 miles and ran 6 on it on Saturday and was okay. I ran 6 today and was limping as I ran. I even yelled out in pain. I’m still not calling this an injury, but I’ve been asking a bunch of people about what I can do to fix it.
– The NLC team that went to the Dominican Republic got back yesterday. I talked to Lindsay Kistner, who led the team, and she said that it was her favorite team to date because how God moved in their lives. It was pretty drastic. That led to a lot of life change in the DR too.
– I’m going with NLC to Kenya the first 2 weeks of September. I’m pretty pumped about it and also intimidated by it. We’ll be training pastors while we’re there, which will be amazing, but I don’t know what to expect, so it’s a bit intimidating. The missionaries there are awesome, so I know that it’s going to be an amazing trip!
– I’m still laughing at Scott Drummond’s #1 picture from the top 10 Vintage Pictures that we showed on Sunday. If you weren’t there, check out my facebook in the next few days and I’ll have them up.
– Annie’s more than half way through this second pregnancy. One of my favorite things is to lie with her while she sleeps and feel the baby kick.
– We still don’t have a name for the baby. We’re open to suggestions…if they’re good. Jack and Harry are out.
– I joined a new gym last week. I’m hoping that it’s a good one. We’ll see. They call themselves the, “Judgement Free Zone,” although I feel that they’re more judgemental. It’s kind of weird.